Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sketchbook!

For the longest time I kept saying, "I really should keep a sketchbook," but every time I tried to start one I'd draw a sketch or two, not be satisfied, and then forget all about it. This year, though, thanks to the king of Etsy and the combination of whiskey&cokes and free popcorn, I've already finished one sketchbook and started another one! My drawing muscles still have that "pins and needles" thing going on after so much time spent unused, but I'm learning to draw ugly, draw fast, and draw weird. Hopefully things will just get uglier and faster and weirder from here.


My favorite sketches I'm still unsure about posting - when it comes to explicitly sexual stuff, I'm never sure where the division is between "ballsy fine art" and "wildly unprofessional bad moves." I'll think about it. Probably post it at some point. Anyway. 


All of these were done with brush-tip markers, which I've never had before but love, so much.


The first time I was badgered into "drawing ugly." Really like this one. Drawing it felt like being pushed into the pool after whining about not being able to swim - you need someone to do that, sometimes. 


A sad Japanese man, and a diplomat's son (or is that Gatsby?)


Crabwalk.


Trying to draw even uglier, because apparently my earlier ugly wasn't quite there. Is that you, Ronald Reagan?



That's all for now. Have a good week, everyone! Do something crazy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment